Frequently Asked Questions
Canon was the first company to begin returning toner cartridges for consumer laser beam printer devices. More than 150,000 tons have been collected to date. Canon makes sure that their suppliers are as environmentally conscious as they are.
For more information on Industry Trends, Canon's Environmental and Sustainability Initiatives and Environmental Solutions, visit the Canon Generation Green Website.
Toner Cartridge Return Program (All-in-one and multiple components toner cartridges)
- This program's goal is to achieve zero landfill waste by reusing parts, recycling materials and employing energy recovery. Canon's cartridges are made so that they can be reused and recycled. When the used toner cartridges are shipped back to Canon, the parts are sorted and disassembled to be reduced to plastics, metals, and other reusable parts. Canon asks that customers wait until the used cartridges amount to more than one so that energy and resources used during transportation will be less.
- For more information please visit: Canon's Toner Cartridge Return Program
Toner Container Collection Program (Plastic Toner Containers)
- To continue with the goal of zero landfill waste, Canon has made this program for plastic toner containers. Since these containers are made primarily of plastic, it is possible to recycle locally which saves energy that would have been associated with the transportation of containers. If the containers cannot be recycled locally for whatever reason, Canon asks that the customer ship them to the address below at their expense. Canon assumes responsibility for the containers once they are received.
- Toner Container Collection Center: 2051 Meridian Place Hebron, KY 41048
- For more information visit: Toner Container Collection Program
Starting in 1991, HP has successfully recycled 1 billion cumulative pounds.
Planet Partners Recycling Program
- HP makes the recycling process hassle free by providing collection boxes. In many regions, these boxes include pre-addressed, postage paid envelopes and labels.
- If the postage and pre-addressed envelope are not in the box, you can order postage-paid return shipping materials online, or find other return options.
- This website gives you more options: Planet Partners Recycling Program
After placing a supply order via the automated supply line or from our website, it should take approximately 2-3 business days from the day your order was processed for your products to arrive. If you place your order by 2:30pm, it will be processed and shipped out same-day via UPS. All orders placed after that time will be processed and shipped out the next business day. If you need same-day delivery, please call our Supply Department directly at 301.330.0598 to request courier service for a nominal charge to your account.
Supply telemarketers engaging in fraudulent or high-pressure sales tactics have become a problem within the industry. So much in fact that the Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Postal Service and local Better Business Bureaus nationwide have issued warnings against “toner pirate” practices.
In order to avoid these scams, check out the tips below on what to watch out for and what to do if you receive a call from a deceptive toner telemarketer.
What to watch out for:
- Callers that are not the authorized contact you normally deal with
- Callers who try to avoid giving you their phone number
- High-pressure sales pitch, with a time element-if you don't “act now”, the price will increase
- Don't give out your equipment information or ID number to anyone not associated with UBT – these operations will call pretending to be a customer service representative and will use this information to develop a tailored pitch to your company
What to do:
- Ask the caller for their contact information and phone number – most deceptive telemarketers will not give out their phone number
- If the caller is unfamiliar but claims to be from UBT, call us at 301.330.0598 to speak with the supply department to confirm before agreeing to any terms
- If it is a scam, report the contact to the Federal Trade Commission, your local Better Business Bureau or the U.S. Postal service.
o The Federal Trade Commission
Division of Marketing Practices
6 Street and Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington D.C. 20580
o The United States Postal Service
P.O. Box 4140
Burbank , CA 91503
***UBT has no affiliation with the deceptive toner telemarketers and is not responsible for any fraudulent charges associated with such groups. Many UBT service and supply contracts are toner-inclusive. If you have questions about your contract and the terms set forth, please contact us at 703.917.0100 and you will be directed to the contracts and billing department to answer any questions you may have. If you have been paying for toner from one of these “toner pirates” not affiliated with UBT please contact the FTC, USPS, or your local BBB to report such action.***
How do I go about paying my invoice?
You have a couple of different options to pay your invoice. You can send in payment by check to United Business Technologies at 9218 Gaither Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 or you can make a payment via credit card. To process a credit card payment, please contact your Accounts Receivable representative at 703.917.0100 and provide them with your credit card information by phone or email. The payment will be processed within 24 hours and you will receive confirmation of receipt via email or fax. We accept payments from all major credit cards. A sample service invoice is below:
Control Panel with 123:
Control Panel with Counter Check:
After pressing the counter check or 123 button you should see a screen in the following format:
- Total 102 02277777 (Total Number of Impressions)
- Total 108 00025557 (Total Number of Black and White)
After you have found this information you may enter your meter read via fax, phone or online.If you need further assistance please call 703.917.0100 and you will be directed to your Meter Read representative.
What do I do if my machine needs service?
You have four convenient options for placing a service call via fax, voice mail, online, or speaking with a trained dispatcher. The system provides an immediate fax, email or phone call to confirm that we have received your call.
After placing a service call, when should my technician arrive?
As soon as your call has been received, it is immediately dispatched to the factory trained technician who is geographically closest to your office, insuring the quickest response time in the industry. For high volume copiers, segmented at 50 copies per minute and above, and color units, the company averages less than two hour response time. A four hour maximum response time is also guaranteed with a credit of $500 recourse if it is missed.
How do I access stored files on my USB drive from my machine?
Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE models come equipped with handy USB ports that allow you to access files to print from or save to portable USB memory media. Use following link for a step-by-step walkthrough on how to access these files: Access Stored Files Walkthrough
How do I scan and send documents from my machine?
When equipped with Universal Send, Canon imageRUNNER devices are transformed into central hubs for the high-speed transfer of information. You can distribute scanned documents as e-mail attachments, Internet-fax (I-fax), Super G3 fax transmissions (optional), forward them to file servers, Canon imageWARE databases, or an internal Mail Box. Use the following link for a step-by-step walkthrough on how to scan and send: Scan and Send Walkthrough