UBT's technical team is highly responsive and averages over 27 years of hands-on service experience. On average, UBT's response time in all segments is 297% better than the national average response time. UBT guarantees a four hour maximum response time with a $500 credit provided as recourse if the four hour guarantee is missed. UBT also guarantees 98% equipment uptime over the course of a year with a $500 credit provided as recourse if this goal is not achieved. These guarantees substantially differentiate UBT from its competitors and ensure prompt and thorough service, resulting in highly satisfied clients.
Customer Service Measurement System
To further support the goal of offering the highest quality service, UBT designed a multi-tiered compensation plan for our technical staff. Based on UBT's highly tenured technical staff, the average base salary of a UBT technician is 50% higher than the national average. Additionally, UBT has designed a plan to reward proactive and thorough service through a unique incentive program. This program pays technicians increased compensation for minimizing both recalls and incomplete service calls. Our technician incentive program has proven to significantly reduce customer downtime, thereby increasing customer satisfaction.
Every UBT field technician is measured and awarded substantial monthly financial incentives based on his or her ability to carefully review the technical needs of your copier and have the necessary parts on hand to repair your system properly on the first visit.
Accurately servicing your system on the first call helps minimize costly and inconvenient recalls for the same problem or a related problem that could have been resolved with proper machine diagnosis and on-hand parts support. This measurement system is comprised of the following elements:
This unique program measures each UBT technician against the highest standards for providing quality service and offers appropriate financial incentives to our technicians, who in turn provide our customers with award winning service.
Automated Service Dispatch and Parts Replenishment
United Business Technologies utilizes the most sophisticated technology available with its eAutomate Software. The system provides the following benefits to our customers.
- 24 Hour Customer Access - Every customer has four convenient options for placing a service call via fax, voicemail, e-mail or speaking with one of our trained dispatchers. The system provides an immediate return fax or phone call to confirm that we have received your call.
- Immediate Dispatch to Field Technician - As soon as your call has been received, it is immediately dispatched via cell phone to the factory trained technician who is geographically closest to your office insuring the quickest response time in the industry.
- Automated Parts Replenishment - The eAutomate system enables our technicians to automatically input via a phone keypad the exact parts utilized on your call which in turn triggers our parts department to replenish those same parts to the technician's inventory so that each technician has the necessary parts on hand on every service call. Unlike our competitors, UBT has created a unique system utilizing a parts van and driver specifically to transport parts from our warehouse to our technicians in the field. This system vastly reduces parts turn-around time, thereby reducing customer down time and helping us uphold our 98% uptime guarantee.
- Preventive Maintenance - The eAutomate system is capable of tracking copy volume, the useful life of key parts components, and the date each replacement part is installed enabling our dispatch department to schedule a service call at your convenience in advance of most parts failures, ensuring maximum machine uptime and optimum customer utilization.
- Email Call Summary - Once the technician has visited your office and completed the service call, you will receive a summary of the call in an e-mail to review and maintain for your records. This ensures that channels of communication are kept open between our customers and technicians and that you are aware of any work performed during each and every call.
Networked Systems Support
With the accelerated conversion to high speed digital copiers and printers, our customers require sophisticated and comprehensive systems support. At United Business Technologies we offer unique programs to ensure equipment and software compatibility, which allows customer document creation and processing workflows to remain uninterrupted.
- Skilled Systems Engineers
United Business Technologies's Systems Engineers have been thoroughly trained on both Canon digital products and the most popular network software and operating platforms so that you can be totally confident that any system recommended will work dependably within your office. Additionally, our engineers are specifically trained to "trouble shoot" your system so they can quickly isolate and correct any problems related to our equipment or your network.
Network Diagnostic Center
Before installing a "connected" digital product, our systems engineers will test the system you ordered within our in-house Network Diagnostic Center, utilizing your software to simulate the same office environment so that when the equipment is delivered and installed, it works exactly as expected, right from the start.