Businesses need many things to run properly and a printer is one of them. But along with owning a printer is the reoccurring costs of ink and paper.
Your employees might not realize how their printing can add up and subtract dollars from your wallet.
If you are looking for ways to reduce these costs then follow these steps in your office.
1. Use double-sided printing! Every time, no matter what.
2. Use smaller print! It’s surprising how much paper you can save by shrinking your normal words down to size 11 and your headers to size 16.
3. Format documents differently. I know everyone loves double-spaced docs because they’re easier on the eyes but they’re heavier on the wallet. Also, change your margin settings so the document is spread out across more paper rather than having all of the white space on the edges.
4. Allow minor hand written corrections to in house documents. Sometimes a report is printed and you notice a few missing commas. Instead of printing the report out all over again allow people to make small corrections with a pen or pencil as long as clients don’t see the material it shouldn’t matter.
5. Print only what you need! Make sure employees are checking the pages box on the printer settings and only select the pages that have content they need.
6. Reduce printing by sending everything through email including invoices and receipts.
7. Use colored ink only when absolutely necessary. Black ink is cheaper and most all documents can be printed in black. Unless it will loose it’s meaning without color then keep it black!
Just a few simple steps and you will be on your way to saving money on both paper and ink.
Contact United Business Technologies today for more information on how you can save money on printing costs.